View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 10:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I did see a psychologist yesterday for the first time. She thought it would be a good idea for me to talk to my doctor about antidepressants. She was very nice and I am going to see her on a regular basis.Of course I cried almost all of the session.

It's just so difficult because I never thought that after 15 years of having MG that I would be where I am right now. I had been doing so well for such a very long time and I am having such a hard time with all of this because of how it just came out of nowhere. It's not even the MG that is causing me so much difficulty at this time. It's all this other crap that is sometimes so hard to explain. I just don't understand my body and I really don't understand what is happening right now. I guess this last MG flare knocked something else out of whack in my body. Lucky Me. My chest even hurts to go along with everything else. It's not the MG related chest discomfort but something else. It hurts when I inhale

I wasn't supposed to see my doctor again until the 28th but I am going to make an appointment to see her before then and ask her for more detailed tests. I have been in her office so much lately that I am now worried that she will think that I am becoming a depressed hypochondriac. I have to keep at it until I find out what is going on because I shouldn't feel sick on a continual basis like this.

If anyone else has an idea of what she can check for from the list of my symptoms then please feel free to post it in this thread.

I just don't want the stress of everything else to make my MG worse.

Thanks to everyone for your care, responses and listening to me when I need someone to hear me during this difficult time.
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote