View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
Hi Shari,
I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this right now. I can't speak on the side effects of IVIG but can on antidepressants. I have been on an antidepressant for several years. I take 50 mg daily of the generic for Zoloft. My Neuro is fully aware of it and asked me if it was helping a couple of months ago because I was going through some depression even on the meds and he noticed I was showing signs of depression. I told him helped most of the time but like you said when you don't feel good it is so hard to keep from sliding into a depression. I have left my dose where it was and things are much better now. I still have days where I struggle but it is usually when I have too much to do and I stress over how I will manage if I'm having one of my bad days. I would certainly talk to your Dr. about adding an antidepressant. It sounds like you need it. Alot of people can go on them for just a few months and come back off of them. I am not one of those people. Everytime I try to wean off them my enxiety rears it's ugly head again. My Dr. finally told me a couple of years ago to stop trying to get off of them so that is what I have done. I know alot of people are opposed to antidepressants. I personally call them my sanity pill. I hope you get some answers soon.
Kendra

Kendra,
What effect does your antidepressants have on your MG? Of course I am finding something else for me to worry about.... If I get on them, I just don't want to take a pill and end up in a MG crisis because of weakness. But I know that when i wake up crying every day, then something has to be done about that.
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote