View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Shari, Since you feel pain when you breathe in, you cannot wait to see a doctor. Especially for women, if you have pain when you breathe in, you need to go to urgent care or the ER. There are a lot of reasons for pain upon breathing, like a PE (pulmonary embolism), costochondritis, pleuritis, coronary artery disease, etc.). You need a doctor to help you figure it out and waiting is dangerous.

You might be having too much immunosuppression. On some people, it is like having chemo. I suspect something else is going on though. A thorough doctor would do rheumatoid arthritis and lupus tests, as a start.

I think you need to document exactly what is going on in black and white. Put headings across a page like: Symptom, description, onset of symptom, when it occurs, does anything make it better.

Then list everything. Let the doctor sift through it. It takes less time for them to read a piece of paper than to hear you say it all. And it might make you remember an important clue that you hadn't thought to bring up.

Bottom line here, at least for me, is that you cannot wait. You need someone to address the pain upon breathing issue right away. And I mean in the next day or two. Or NOW since it has been going on a while.

I hope you can get it all figured out. You need doctors and you need them now though. I'm glad we can support you but that's about all we can do!!!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote