View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
Hi all and thanks again for helping me figure out how far I wanted to go with finding a cause of my PN. I've pretty much accepted that I will probably never know and need to deal with managing the pain.

I have been taking Gabapentin and Ultram, which hasn't controlled the pain as much as I'd like. So I'm now trying Cymbalta and Ultram. The neuro said that it can take up to a few months for Cymbalta to really work for this type of application. If Cymbalta had worked for any of you, did you find that it took that long or did it kick in much sooner? I have my doubts about this particular neuro's knowledge in this area because he gave me a puzzled look when I said something about the Cymbalta/Ultram cocktail (he was going to prescribe only Cymbalta). I thought that the cocktail approach was pretty well known with PN.
Hi Joan, just chiming in to add that neurontin did not help me, admitedly very low dose, due to side effects. Cymbalta helped within a couple weeks. Hate the thirsty, dry mouth side effect. But worth the trade off for me. And I only had to take 30mg a day to get benefits. Extended my length of standing to about 30 min. errands, etc...

Best Wishes TT
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote