View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sallieanne,

I'm brand new here but I wanted you to know you're not alone with the pain. It's a little after midnight here and it's another sleepless night. I was diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy a few years ago which gives some of the same symptoms you have. We tried all kinds of drugs and nothing seemed to work. I visited a pain doctor and he started me on Kadian which is timed release morphine, increasing the dose gradually until I got to 80mg twice a day. It worked but I had him take me off it finally because I got tired of the side effects.

I understand about the not wanting sympathy and I can't stand to have people say they were sorry that I hurt and they knew what I was going through. They didn't know. Not many people knew at all. Finding people who experience this type of pain helps. There's empathy and not much sympathy and that really helps me a lot.

Anyway...I don't have any great gems of wisdom to give you but I sure do understand your pain and just knowing there really are other people out there sure seemed to help me. Take care.
Greggg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-20-2009)