View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am now a caregiver/drill sergeant combo!

I post on the MS and Stumble Inn forums but I am new to this forum although I see some familiar names here.

My Mother lives with us and just started Aricept for her increasing memory difficulties. She is such a sweet lovely lady but there are times.....

She hides in her room when friends come over so I have to go get her. Same when I am preparing dinner and I would love to have everyone at the table to sit and eat while the food is fairly warm. I just tell DH to go ahead and eat and I'll go find Mom.

She is either reading or writing in her journal and "just a minute" turns into more than that.

My DH just had coronary bypass surgery two weeks ago so he is recouperating from that. I have to make sure he walks through the house as exercise, takes all eleven pills each day at different times and keep him from taking too many naps throughout the day.

He takes sleeping pills he got from the Doctor, is sleeping in the living room in his recliner and snoring so loud which keeps me awake. Then if that weren't bad enough; he complains every morning about not sleeping well.

I always thought I would be such a good caregiver but now I am feeling overwhelmed even though most of you have way more on your plates than I.

Eventually Lord willing my DH will get better but Mom will just keep getting worse.

How on earth do you manage to keep your sanity and keep smiling.

Geesh! I feel like such a selfish witch.

Brain damaged and I have MRI's to prove it!!
AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (01-18-2010), Dejibo (01-03-2010), SandyC (01-05-2010), tamiloo (01-08-2010)