View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 10:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank-you Echoes long ago, I think maybe I ought to get a little more specific on here since my situation is somewhat unique. Evidently I gave the wrong date of the onset of my disibility due to the fact I thought I had to list the last known date based on current records in my possession at the time, but the truth is it dates back to when I was age 14. (SSA has it down as age 22) I do not know how to correct it since my attorney failed to submit the older records I requested. There is proof and I'd like to apply for benefits going back to age 19 on my own record and ages 14-18 on my father's record, since I believe that is the only way it can be done. So basically, does ANYONE know how to go about this? I spent over a year trying to work w/ the attorney to acknowledge they had made a mistake, but of course they were not willing to help since they considered it closed after they got paid. Anyway, if ANYONE knows the answer to this I know it will help 2 ppl since my brother has same disability since he was born and noone (gov)seems to be forthcoming w/ this information which I am sure all of you would agree!
Thanks and much appreciated!
mspriscilla23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote