View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
My question to you: Have you read your medical file and can point out where the doctors documented your allegations and your limitations? You may be surprised if you actually read your treating doctor's notes. What you know about yourself, what you said to your doctor, what he said to you may be missing in the written record. And, if it is not in writing, SSA won't know be able to substantiate what you say.
Also, another word of advice: I listed out all my medical records which I asked SSA to consider. In fact, some of these providers did not send them and I got a list stating which records were received by ssa and which records were not received and you'd be surprised. I'm already receiving ssi and ssdi, however I did not get my onset date to go back to my actual onset date as a result and now I am stuck not knowing what to do in this situation. There is clear evidence to show it began at age 14, yet ssa only went back to age 22. I think the lack of records received may have been the deciding factor. Does anyone know how to fix this and cover the time period of ages 14-21??
Thanks!
mspriscilla23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote