View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 04:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Snowboarder,

Keep in touch with us on this board, so that you are NOT scared and alone. There is a network of really good people here. And plenty of us are willing to help you.

You say you are from Michigan. Since I am in RI, I am too far away to be able to give you advice on medical resources. Do you have a doctor or counselor that you can call when you need one?

Who have you been seeing for your RSD? Do you like your doctor? Or do you think you need a better one? Is there someone at your school that you can ask to help you with your doctors? Sometimes the school nurse can be a great help. Or perhaps your guidance counselor, if he/she is the compassionate type, can help you make the right phone calls to find the help that you need.

NEVER NEVER give up. If you need a better doctor, find someone to help you get one.

At your age, a good pysical therapist might make a huge difference for you, if they know what they are doing. I had a great physical therapist for a year and he helped me a lot, just in thinking out my problems and getting them fixed. He was there when I had to fill out all my paperwork for ketamine applications and encouraged me to get it done. You need someone like that on your side to help you so that you are not alone.

You take care of yourself, write us back and let us know how you are doing.

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote