View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink I ammmmmm back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Thank you for responding

What does the 'internal' pain feel like? Our outer skin has the nerve endings which bring on the awful burning pain....but i'm totally in the dark about the internal issues. Is it like bone pain? deep, aching....
Or more like internal organs?

KeepSmilin i'm so sorry the SCS didn't work for you. It's quite a big deal getting one. Would it help your pain if it were removed i wonder? Probably would further aggravate maybe.

As i read thru all the stickies it seems most folks attribute their RSD to some sort of injury or incident and then it spreads from there.....
Mine just doesn't seem to fit any certain 'mold'. At the time of my onset in both legs i was recovering from a hand fracture surgery......it was within 4 or 5 months that my leg pain set in. The hand healed just fine and never had any problem with it since. So, it just seems so confusing about the legs....?
I know there is 'referred pain' and 'phantom limb pain', ........

Maybe i just simply THINK too much....

I'll shut up and get the trial implant....if it works great. If not.....then i'll cross that bridge when i get there.

It gets to be a lonely life tho.....
I've turned away from most of any 'social life' that i used to have.

This forum IS my social life....
Rrae... and hello loretta....

I just want to say..yes..this is/can be a very lonely battle..we are family here..esp. cuz we can understand the pain ones has to endure..it is so not easy until ones walks in our shoes!!! Days can be very long and sad..

As far as RSD and how is began..so different for us all.. Some never know!!! Mine, I had I believe long before I had a knee surgery but it was further agrevated by the knee surgery and that is my worst area affected, my rt. lg... as far as my original injury ..not sure! Just started having trouble walking 4 mos. prior to my knee operation and by the time I got into the OR I was not able to walk without crutches! Now I look back I had been having some hearing issues and headaches, I mean nasty headaches..who knows if they are/were aquainted...

Removing my unit was discussed but I rather leave it in as 1). I'd rather not go thru what it took to put it in there..2). I had it wired for both legs and my RSD is lurking there too, my opposite legs so... my SCS is my new best friend! Plus it can pormote more spreading of my RSD.. who wants to go there?!

Gentle hugs.... KS
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-21-2009), Rrae (12-21-2009)