View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My First Post: Prolonged Dental Recovery

Hello Everyone. I'm new on here and I've never done anything like this before, so, all new to me.

I had pretty horrendous time following a slightly complicated extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth (long story which I may get round to posting in the Dental section.) It's been over 4 months now and I have not been back to my work yet, and am still having problems with my jaw. My G.P. has put my prolonged recovery down to a "reactivation of M.E./chronic fatigue syndrome" which has been an underlying problem for me for many years. However, I am concerned that perhaps I have an undetected problem resulting from my surgery. I asked my G.P. to contact Maxillo Facial where the procedure was done to have them investigate the possibility of an infection in the jaw bone, but he didn't follow it up and now he is on holiday. I don't really want to leave it until early in the new year to deal with this, because if there is a problem, it is only going to get worse if it is left.

So, that's why I joined up here. Hoping for some advice or suggestions, or just even to hear that someone else has experienced something similar.

I hope that whatever brings you here is soon resolved for you. Keep well,

Jasmine
Jasmine33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote