View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the plot thickens

Wow, Great answers, albeit scary. I haven't had an ANA for awhile. Interesting that in 8% of those with vasculitic neuropathy, there is involvement of the cranial nerve VII, which I have. My neurologist doesn't think there is a connection, but when my PN is bad, I also have right-sided facial pain and tinnitus. I also have fibromyalgia with which there can also be autonomic dysfunction as described by Dr Wallace in All About Fibromyalgia, 2000, including: neurally mediated hypotension, neurogenic inflammation, migraine headaches, numbness, tingling, burning, livedo reticularis, etc. all of which I have.

I've worked in health care my entire life, but can't seem to find a doctor who can sort this out. I've just resigned because my pain, with resultant sleep deprivation, side effects from meds, etc. were interfering with my ability to think and cope in my high-tech work. It was a very hard decision. I'm very good at my work and it's a big loss to the department, and to me. I did have a toxic exposure in the workplace, and although the literature describes nerve damage from benzene, none of my doctors want to consider it. Right now the cause doesn't matter so much, unless it helps with my diagnosis and treatment.

cyclelops: With vasculitic neuropathy would a skin biopsy show C fiber neuropathy, as mine did?
akimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote