View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
Copaxone took a YEAR to start working for me! Most patients "START" to show that its working in 6 months, and some can take up to 18 months to show stability.

Is this the only DMD you tried? Have you tried others? Copaxone is amazing, but you must give it time to work. Significant increase may throw you onto another DMD such as Betaseron, or Rebif, or even Ty.

Please know that you have a bunch of folks cheerleading for you, and praying with you.

hang in there.
Thanks Dejibo! When I talked with the Dr., he felt that the amount of changes are significant enough that he would like to try something else. He said that he doesn't tend to 'overreact' this soon into a treatment plan, but he really feels that the changes I have had are significant enough that he would suggest that we be more aggressive in the hopes of getting a better response. One of my options is to go on Tysabri for 1 year and then re-evaluate the possibility of trying Copaxone again. He didn't feel that Rebif would be a great option for me because of my Depression history...and going on another round of Steroids may not be good either, since I was "out of my mind" when trying to recover from that.

Amy

DO WHAT makes you happy, Be with WHO makes you smile, Laugh as much as you breathe & LOVE as LONG as you LIVE

July 2006- First significant SXs, suspect it started back in mid 1990's
1/21/09 - Positive MS Dx
2/17/09 - 2nd Positive MS Dx
4/2/09 - MS Dx 3rd Neuro - finally found the Dr. who has the characteristics I was looking for

10/8/09-optic neuritis flair, Cog Fog, chronic headaches
5/4/09 - 12/15/09 Copaxone
1/15/2010 - First Tysabri Infusion - 3/25/16 - Last Tysabri Infusion
3/3/16 - signed the documents to start the Lemtrada journey
4/25/16. Lemtrada begins.
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (12-23-2009), dmplaura (12-23-2009), Twinkletoes (12-22-2009)