Thread: anger
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

this time i gave my therapist a hard time. i was late by fifteen minutes. i am usually early. the bus was a bit late and I was a bit late. I wound up talking for over an hour with a woman around my age who was a stock broker and just so lovely who also had a weight problem and walking problem and who had a schnauzer who had had bone cancer and who rented a mini storage for a lot of her many books. we had so much in common. she suggested i join weight watchers and use a stationary bike. we exchanged numbers.
then i see my therapist....i tell her i just made a new friend...she says that is nice. she says i look nice and then starts with the hygiene. i told her i mentioned it to dr m. and he said it was good to get into a routine but ultimately the choice was mine. I told her if you get three hours sleep a night you don't feel physically up to much....she dismissed that....then i sort of dismissed her. then i talked about the pain of finding out my nephew lived less than ten blocks away from me...but i said the whole thing was a mess....he hadn't been compassionate and my other nephews didn't show compassion.i said it was awful because we are jewish and should know better and the kids had lead a charmed life. she dismissed that and said some people aren't compassion and that shouldn't upset me. later my friend from israel called me and i asked her about compassion....she said that the three most important things for Jews to be are compassionate, modest and i forget the third. I giggled and said I really am Jewish aren't i. She was raised orthodox and I wasn't.
Bobby
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-27-2009), waves (12-23-2009)