View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to boards. Left leg and arm weakness

My symptoms started with my left leg back in late September. I started feeling slight pain in my upper butt and weakness down my leg. It was unsettling. Went to doc and he told me it was likely Sciatica and sent me on my way. It has recurred on and off since and seems to be worse when I sit for too long. Over the last few weeks I have had the same feeling in my left arm. Just a general weak feeling. I went to a doc on Friday and she said I had an abnormal reflex (babinski) in my left foot and sent me for a Cat Scan to make sure my brain was okay. She said the ct looked normal and said it was probably a pinched nerve. I am getting very anxious because it is not going away and becoming paranoid it is something more serious like a stroke even though the CT she said looked normal. I have also the last 2 days felt an odd feeling in the left side of my face. Not numb or anything just different than the other side. I do have a follow up appointment with my doctor tomorrow. Does this sound like something I need immediate care (hospital) or does it seem I can wait to see my doctor tomorrow. Also anyone with the same symptoms? I am making myself crazy worrying about what could be causing this. Thanks in advance!
micmash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-03-2010)