Thread: PD Blues
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can certainly relate to symptoms getting worse..I was having a tough time for a few months, and I got to the point where I was taking my meds, and nothing was happening..I thought it was time to face the ugly truth..that I was on my way to being a Sinemet junkie..I was taking 600 mgs of CR daily, and on my own added another 300 mgs, and that was just taking the edge off..I saw my neuro when I was finally having a bad day..All the other times I saw him, I was like the car that would run like a cement mixer, untill I brought it to the mechanic, and it would run fine

So my neuro examined me and gave me some 200/200 Stalevo to try, and just when you think there is no hope, a miracle happens..I am in my 7th year, and I have never felt so good!!..Once a few days passed, and I really got that stuff in my system, I take 600 mgs a day, and I am on all day, and all night..I feel almost normal..The tremors/dyskinesia stopped in my right leg..I walk normal, and with vigor like I did before I got sick

I knew Stalevo delivered the Levodapa in a smooth transition to the brain, but what I didnt know, is that the Comtan in the Stalevo blocks some of the receptors that break the Levadopa down before it has a chance to reach and cross the blood brain barrier, so it only makes sense that it was the answer to my problems..Evidently, I have been having a problem with Sinemet from day one, because I cant say that Ive felt my meds "kick in" but a few times in the almost four years Ive been taking Sinemet

I wonder how many people, have the same problem with the body breaking down Sinemet, and dont know it?