Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Dear Bobby,

I think you did a good job in the session... you held your ground and led.

I am disappointed that your therapist did not express interest in your encounter with the woman about your age with the Schnauzer. I wonder why she didn't respond to that.

Anyway. I am glad you two exchanged numbers and I hope you will be in touch. I is perhaps early to call her a friend as such... but it sure sounds like there is common ground and good potential for friendship! Whatever happens, besides, that was a very positive social interaction, and i'm happy for you.

i haven't said anything about your nephew because i feel clueless as to how to be helpful there. I did think Donna's point was interesting.

love

~ waves ~
i think Donna's point was really fascinating and i am holding onto it and am going to try to discuss it with some people. I hate feeling so alienated from my family and my principles have always made my life so difficult......i really cling to them...i always have...maybe partially since my emotions are so volatile. Today I am nervous about my encounter with Paula yesterday. She is still working and has a lot more money than I have. That might interfere with a relationship if she wants to do things. I can afford going to starbucks but otherwise I really limited. I will call her.
Today I woke up very depressed. Last night I had a hysterical conversation with Attie. Whenever I laugh a lot the next day I am usually depressed. I was joking about being an environmentalist. I had heard on Bloomberg news that Chinese might run out drinking water in ten or eleven years and when watching planets in peril i saw how polar bears are drowning because of the melting of the ice and now they have to swim distances of 200 miles for food mainly seal rather than the previous 50 miles...(wish I hadn't watched since I am still so upset and hands are tied)...anyways I think in future we are going to be limited to the amount of water we consume and no way will people be allowed to take showers every day....maybe every other month...it is really a nightmare but i was pretending I was confronting my therapist with all this environmental information.
Love
Bobby