View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Question

Hey There,
I am 27 and have had POTS for many years and it has been quite debilitating. I have been out to Cleveland Clinic after years of being told it was "just stress" finally have some answers, but not much in the way of follow up. I also had nuclear tests, tilts, etc ... all revealing similar results to yours. I have low blood volume and low red blood cell counts, but after 2 months the Dr. has not addressed these results, just increased my beta blocker, I have no follow up visits scheduled, and that appears to be the only way I will get answers. My insurance has changed so it's not an option at this point. I have a 2 year old son that I need to be healthy for so I'm on here searching for answers. My iron levels are generally fine, so the red blood cell count thing (anemia) seems to be attributed to something else ...my PCP is not helpful either.

I was wondering what they have you doing to increase red blood cell levels and what their explanation for you is. Are they telling you are anemic but in some other "non-iron" related way? I am on a high salt diet, support stockings, etc. Knowing what they are doing to help you would be wonderful to hear. Since I have very similar findings and not alot of advice
Take Care!
kc10360 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote