View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie,
I live in Ohio not TN. Ohio does have sun but we also have a lot of gloomy, cloudy days. I can realistically say that for the past 6 months I have barely ventured outside my house because I was so sick either from MG or the other things that have been going on with me. I have gone weeks and weeks without going outside at all or only for a few minutes due to the sickness and depression. So I'm sure that that could have a lot to do with my vitamin D deficiency, Maybe not all of it, but some of it. I've never been tested for celiac disease. I don't drink a alot of milk or eat much dairy products really. Not because I can't but because I am trying to eliminate as much meat and dairy products and eat more of a vegetarian diet. That is a work in progress because I am not eating a lot these days anyway. I meant to ask my doc about the reasons why my vitamin D is so low and that would have probably led to her explaining reasons thus I would have asked her to do certain tests to see if that was why. But I was so thrown off by the Fibro diagnosis that my mind went blank.I don't know what a parathyroid test is so I am sure that I probably haven't had that test either.

My doctor did check my glucose and I don't have a problem there. As far as the weakness at night goes. sometimes I am awakened by it in the middle of the night and usually it is due to MG so I have to take a mestinon when that happens. I do not take the time released mestinon because I did take it once before and for some reason it made me feel awful so I will not take it again. I just deal with the weakness and when I am bothered I wake up and pop the regular mestinon. That usually solves the problem.

I started writing down things and will continue to do so. I am also going to ask my doctor about the cortisol test on my next visit with her.

I really appreciate all of your advice because I would have no idea to ask her about the things you mentioned if you hadn't told me about them.
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote