Thread: thanks,
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

criticsm is very important.

I myself have a lot of criticism, and that is what made me think and try to change the way things are.

people who criticize, are people who care.

I much preffer criticism to indifference.

I always tell my patients, my colleagues and any one around me to tell me if they are unhappy with something that I do or say, and I will try to change it if I can.

I myself say what I think, even if people don't always like it.

but, there is a thin line between constructive criticism and destructive criticism.

and sometimes when we are too emotional about something, we can cross that line, without noticing.

and when people have had bad experiences, it is much easier to step on their toes, and say something that will be interpeted in the wrong way.

even seemingly good words and phrases, such as "you have to take a positive approach" or "be optimistic" can sometimes be extremely annoying.

I too have been told numerous times to ""relax" and all will be well, when I had life threatening respiratory symptoms. and this not what I meant, and if this is how it was interpeted to the extent that someone was ready to think of sueing me for saying that, obviously this sentence has to be changed and made more clear.

I hope that Deb also understands my extreme sesitivity to having my professional skills being questioned like that, and if she thinks that I have missconceptions about this illness or don't uderstand somehting in the right way, I will be glad to hear and learn.

and I am sorry if what I said stepped on her toes, or brought back some old pain.

I don't talk a lot about what I have been through, but trust me, I too had my share. and I can understand that being a nurse who has dedicated her life to help others in their suffering, it can be even harder in some ways.

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joanmarie63 (12-24-2009), xanadu (12-24-2009)