View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 03:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Zinc Status is basically a liquid zinc supplement. It works on the principle that when you are deficient in zinc your sense of taste is diminished. So you put some liquid Zinc Status in your mouth, maybe the bottle says a tablespoon, and let it stay there for something like 10 seconds before swallowing. If you don't taste anything you know you have a zinc deficiency. Some people may experience a delayed tasted. That too indicates a deficiency.

A blood test does not indicate a deficiency state, but is only telling your the levels in your bloodstream at the time that blood was drawn.

I don't recommend that you use the Zinc Status as a supplement because it is calibrated to be a lower dose than other supplements. (Too high a dose and I think everyone would taste it.) The taste is nasty, basically metallic. If you give it to your child just watch their face; you will know if they DON'T have a deficiency because they will make a face if they can taste it.

But, it works and can be useful to have around to test your zinc levels. Balancing copper and zinc is important. If these two are not balanced you may have problems with MT (metallothionein) a group of proteins that helps your body rid itself of heavy metals, other toxins, bacteria, yeast, viruses, etc.

But taking zinc supplements is not something I recommend you do without consulting your doctor or doing more research on this. It is possible to supplement zinc and cause a copper deficiency.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote