View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to site

Hi,
My name is Diane, I have been diagnosed with RSD since 2/2002. I fell in the parking lot at work and broke both the tib/fib 2" above my ankle in my left leg. I had surgery to repair the damage-2 plates, 19 screws. 1 screw was thru both bones as the tendon that holds the bones over the joint was compromised. I had another surgery 3 months later to remove that 1 screw, then in Oct 2002, they took the remaining hardware out thinking that would resolve the pain. Guess what.. it didnt!

I was finally diagnosed with RSD and have been trying to find a way to live with it and work with it. It has been increasingly more difficult to work the 40 hours I am restricted to. No ot no weekends.
My medicine regime has constantly changed to try to control the pain. So far, it is from my mid calf down to the tips of my toes. I believe it is beginning to crawl up my leg to my knee as I have burning pain more prevelant at night in that area now.

Luckily, I have had wonderful QRC's and doctors. I was diagnosed about a year and half after the accident. I am looking foward to participating in this chat area for both support, laughs, direction, and anything else anyone can provide that will help living with this much easier.

My family doesnt quite understand. My grown children are concerned about the amount of medicine I am taking, but my oldest son (28) attended my last doc appt and seemed satisfied with what he heard. (He lives in Italy and was finally home for a visit so he was able to go with me finally). My youngest son (25) still gives me some grief about the meds. It is difficult to explain this to someone that loves you and hates to see you like this. Hopefully one day, my youngest will be able to go to the doc with me as he is my emeregency contact should anything happen too me. My mom, well, she hears news stories about the meds I am on and calls me thinking that I am going to die any day if I dont get off these meds--but somehow I seem to calm her down letting her know that I try to keep on top of all the medical information about this as I can.

I am looking forward to gaining more info and sharing what I know if I can.:icon_wink:
dlkeil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (03-20-2014), loretta (12-28-2012)