View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I know exactly how you feel pud. I worked hard to make sure all had gifts that were throughtful, and useful. I shop all year, so I avoid the christmas rush. That means I think of you ALL year, and dont just dash out at christmas time. I got my DH several nice things that he had been wishing for, and the same for DD and DS. neighbors, friends, family and so on.

I knew it was going to be true, but didnt want to believe it. Christmas morning has come and ...I have ONE gift. My DH wrapped the box from the food processor that WE bought with my mothers gift card that she sent to both of us. So, I guess this means he is taking credit for her gift? AND, it means that HE didnt personally go out and buy a thing!

I am feeling quite sad this season. My DD and DS are gone living lives of their own. No grandkids yet, so their lives are filled with friends, and parties, and trying to impress bosses and co workers first. My mom and family are far away. My in laws are not too far, but still not here. The FIL died this year. We no longer live in the state where we worked for decades, so we miss our friends.

I announced to the DH this morn over our eggnog french toast that I am leaving. Not for good mind you, but I need to get out of here! I miss my family, I miss my friends. I am kinda lonely out here in the back woods. If I dont take a mental health break and get outta here, I am gonna either snap and go mental, or go quiet and allow the isolation to take me.

Before you say it, I KNOW i am depressed, but I also know its situational, and can be changed by getting off my dead butt and doing something about it. My Christmas present to me, is a plane ticket back home to visit friends and family that i havent seen in about 5 years. I leave mid january.

its sad when you work really hard, and while you dont do it to get things in return, it hurts none the less when nothing comes back at you.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote