View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 01:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Isis and Rick

I must apologize for not having referenced reverett123 (Rick) in my earlier post.

Rick, I think you have easily won the title of Chief White Rat in the fearless self-testing search for more effective treatments for Parkinson's, so I just may begin so addressing you. Seriously, you continue to amaze and inspire me with your thorough and systematic exploration of things that may benefit us.

Isis, if you have checked out the links which Rick posted, you may have run across an explanation of why several of us use dextromethorphan instead of naltrexone in our low-dose self-treatment. Both of these drugs, along with other similar compounds, have been extensively studied in animal models of Parkinsons and found to be equally effective in neuroprotection by the laboratory of Dr. J.S. Hong, head of Neuropharmacology at the National Institute of Environmental Health at Research Triangle, North Carolina. He has been a leader in developing the concept of chronic neuroinflammation as the cause of several neurodegenerative diseases.

The more obvious reason we have chosen dextromethorphan rather than naltrexone is that it does not require a physician's prescription and that it is much less expensive.

To obtain a more complete history and description and current status of the "LDN movement" I encourage you to check the link; http://lowdosenaltrexone.org/

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote