View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You can reverse your prediabetic state by eating the right foods, exercising loosing any excess weight and keeping it off.

If you have not got a glucose meter yet I would get one and test your reactions to differant foods 2 hours after the first bite of food of every meal until you get the idea of what & how much food you can eat to keep your sugars at moderate level, never skip meals as low sugars also damage the nerves as well.
I know that a lot prediabetics & diabetics count carbs but I personaly don't, I just know what foods are high GI and just don't have much of them and fill myself more with protein and other low gi foods... soft drinks, fruit juices etc, are full of sugar and will really spike your sugars, there is plenty of info on the net about what foods you can eat.

Its can be a bit over whelming when changing your diet at first but it doesn't take long to get used to it all, one thing that helped my post meal sugar levels was just a 15 minute walk after each meal.
Okay, Thanks- I will be getting prescription for meter soon, From what I hear strips are covered by insurance. Has anyone heard of burning symptoms spiking when you start to get glucose leves down or are my symptons just accelerating from initial onset?
crewski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote