Thread: swelling?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
The only swelling I ever had was in the beginning. My left knee/lower leg/foot swelled to gigantic proportions for about three months, then I learned to use my leg and walk again. Poof! The swelling went away and has never been back. It spread rapidly going up my leg into the hip over to the right leg up it, into the hip, then arms, etc, etc. LOL In almost 7 years I've had my hands and fingers swell slightly a couple of times due to major overuse and my feet when I had them "down" wayyyy too long. Other than that, I have every other rsd symptom except for swelling.

Swelling isn't a requirement in the beginning or at any other time. Our bodies react differently in the way it fights rsd and for some, swelling is major and doesn't go away. For others, it's there, then gone sometimes never returning, a few times it comes and goes.

Hugs,

Karen
Thanks Karen, Ortho made me question my pmdr. and myself b/c he initially said- dont have current swelling so it cant be RSD. My initial arm injury swelled. Why do people question people in pain. Its like they want us to have more physical/visual signs of pain to prove it is real. No wonder depression can occur with RSD.
RNcrps2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote