Thread: Bout to go home
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 08:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tyson,

well they eyes for me are always the first to go when I get worse, ie my eyelids close, or I start getting double vision. Its a good barometre of how I'm really doing.

It did take me an age to get back to being, well I can't say "normal", cos I never got there, but to normal for the new mg me. When I was first diagnosed, and before hand, it was not unusual for me to sleep up to 10 hours a night, and have a rest or 2 or 3during the day. Now I just have an afternoon lie down, so as to rest my body, so I don't get a sore neck/back. I think our bodies are working overtime, muscles overworking because other muscles are fatigued.
It really is learning to listen to your body, and do what it needs.
I still find it hard that I can't do as much, ie I came home at 8.30pm from myfamily gathering cos I was so tired. Today I am using 2 fingers to type, not touch typing like I always do, so today will be a day of watching dvd's and resting(I have to keep tlelling myself that, cos I just want to go out visiting!!)

I'm glad you had a great Christmas, I had a great day.

As for travelling, maybe when you get there, alert your airline of your problem, they may be able to help you, ie if you are tired and can't walk, may provide a wheelchair, yes I know that sounds awful, but it may just save some of your energy for other things, like breathing. I still find it hard to admit I need help.
Hope I havn't prattled on too much.
take care
Kate

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote