Thread: Bout to go home
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 11:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Prednisone isn't an instant cure - wish it was!

Hi Tyson - glad you had a good holiday in Maine - I'm in the same boat as you - I've been on prednisone for double vision and general overall weakness for the last 6 weeks - the weakness is better, but it hasn't touched the dv yet. I don't know if you saw it, but I asked other people on this site with the same problem how long it took for the pred to kick in - got 3 replies - 2 months for one, 18 months for the second one and the 3rd one had pretty good results pretty quickly.

I hate this word, but patience is the key. Have you had any IVIG or only plasmapherisis? Are you on any immune suppresants yet? (Imuran, Cellcept, etc) It's all a big balancing act and sometimes we have to rebalance ourselves. I've had mg for 10 years now and every 2-3 years, I have what I call a "flare" where it gets worse and I have to rebalance everything again. I definitely have mg all the time but during a flare, it is definitely worse.

You probably need to go see your neuro when you get back home and see if there is anything else they can do.

Good luck!
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote