View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 02:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
I have had RSD for over 10 years, It spread 6 years ago following a hip replacment. One of my biggest issues now is muscle wasting. My arms are so weak and painful. What if this muscle wasting goes to my lungs and or heart! What happens then- a ventilator? Just so petrified now thinking about this very real possibility..any thoughts?

Debbie
Debbie, I'm sorry you feel this fear. We all get scared at times, but there are so many different things we can do. Maybe you could get a tablet and write down the many different ways we can to 'prevention' We can do BREATHING EXERCISES, HBOT, it's expensive, but possible insurance will cover it one day or social security (dreaming) Building up our lung capaciity now is important, plus helps us relax our lungs. I'm sure there are tubes like we get in the hospital that help our lungs function better after surgery. There are stretching exercises. Interstitial Cystitus really is RSD and we can exercise to prevent. One of the best exercises is swimming. 86 degree min. temp.Some places are free-ymca kNOWLEDGE IS POWER We are not helpless-we can do a little something each day Diet plays a powerful role in our well-being. The highest anti-oxidant in the world is dark chocolate. #2 antii-oxidant is the Acai berry from the Amazon Forests. I became a distributor of this healthy chocolate so I can consume it at wholesale. This particular kind of chcolate is the ONLY one with a 'patent' on the cold-processing of making it. All other chocolate is heated, thus losing much of the nutritional value. At our local RSD support group meeting last month, we had a nutrionist talking to us about anti-inflammatory foods-superfoods, superfruits. That's very important to keep our immune systems built up and healthy. The right kinds of flavanoids rich foods are important also.

i HOPE this helps some. I'll share some researched information about healthy food, and exercise plan that helps us thru each day and not deteriorate. I wish you the best and know you can put some of these fears to rest by knowledge and activity. Even massage therapy-physical therapy does wonders for releasing toxins that accumulate in our lymph systems. We just need to find an experiences person
Please know we all care and want to help each other to not give up on taking care of ourselves from a lot of different directons. Your friend, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debbiehub (12-26-2009), SandyRI (12-28-2009)