View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Burning feet even when B12 level tested high.... Confused!

I've had tingling in my hands/feet for almost two months now and my feet started burning on the bottoms about a week ago. I went to the GP doctor and they tested my blood.

Two days later, they called me and said my B12 level was way too high (+2000) and that I should stop taking the B-complex vitamin supplement I was taking.

The burning in my feet is still there, but has decreased somewhat. I've also been exercising every day and doing some lite yoga. My acupuncturist put me on some herbs, so I can't tell at this point if stopping the B-complex vitamin, taking the herbs, exercise, or a combination of the three is helping my feet. The "night tingling" in my hands and feet have also decreased.

My experience and the advice of my doctor seems to contradict what has been presented here regarding high levels of B-12, which has left me a bit confused. I won't see the nero doctor until next month and have no official DX yet, but plan to consult my acupuncturist next week regarding taking the B-complex and my unexplained high levels of B-12 in the blood test results.

I would appreciate any comments/observations/suggestions from the group.

Thanks.....!
Starglow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-20-2015)