View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
Thanks for your suggestions- Most of them I do or did...I did HBOT 2x for about 30 sessions each, I do swim at my local Y- But I think the spread will happen when it happens no matter what I do, I was exercising my arms and legs and it spread there,,,,I believe this monster will go wherever it is going to go no matter what we do!
Hi Deb, I agree this is really individual results. What works for someone, doesn't always work for another. It's such a difficult disorder to understand, go thru, and even think of getting better. I've had this 15 years, following surgery. Wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. The last 6-7 years have been full body ,generalized, and internal. The internal is really difficult to deal with. I get scared too, but have to concentrate on being grateful for where I am at today. I know I could be in a wheelchair. After my surgery that brought on RSD, I had frozen shoulder. It took a good year of pt and massage therapy, really pure torture, to be able get near full range back. They told me it might happen to other shoulder and it did. Another long torture period. Then my left hand froze up from injury. I do remember who awful that was- to not be able to cut up my food, use my hand in any way, was misdiagnosed and knew inside, the Dr. was wrong- flew from AZ to Oregon and saw sports injury Dr. who knew in 1 minute. I'm grateful for that Dr. and coming back and getting good neuro and ortho and hand pt. Only got half of range back, but can use my hand for most things. I'm glad I keep fighting, my toes started freezing up ,curling up off floor and I went into water therapy to get my toes back down on floor-I believe if I hadn't fought I would be crippled and the possibilities you are scared of would be a reality.
I really hope you can stay strong, and push yourself to keep fighting the possibilities. I'm glad you shared your fears, as we can be of support to YOU and it helps us all evaluate our feelings too. Please don't ever give up and keep fighting. I wish you the best that is possible and please know we all care for you. Your friend, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote