Thread: Bout to go home
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 07:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bout to go home

Tyson,
I hope you enjoyed your trip and hopefully you can get home with no weather delays!!!

I also have the muscle twitches and spasms in my eyes. I am sure it is the Mestinon that is causing them and not the Pred. I think it is DesertFlower who also said she has the eye twitches and she is on Mestinon but no Pred
As for the Pred not helping your eye try and give it time. I know that is soooo hard to do!!! I think I told you that I had been on 40 mg every other day. That dose helped everything except the droopy eyelid and blurry vision in the mornings. My Neuro upped my dose to 60 mg every other day at my last visit about 2 weeks ago and today is the first day my eyelid hasn't drooped at all. My Neuro said he considers 40 mg a low dose for MG so maybe your Dr. will decide to up yours too if you don't see improvement soon. It is really strange because up until now even when my eye is mostly open it still felt heavy. Today my eye feels totally normal!!! I will tell you that upping the dose has caused me more side effects than I had before. I am having alot of stomach problems and have had to start taking Zantac daily. I am also starting to retain water. I have only gained a couple of pounds but my hands are swollen more and I am definitely noticing it in my hips. Lucky for you you're a guy and hopefully the hips won't be a problem for you. The holidays have made it even harder to watch my weight. I plan to lower my salt intake and now that the goodies are gone I am going to get serious about getting these pounds back off!!!

Don't stress over taking naps. Just rest when you need to. I stil have days where all I want to do is sleep. Insomnia was really bad for a while but that has improved too. Even on my good days I am wiped out by this time of night. I have a booked solid week at work and am really stressing about whether I have taken on more than I should have. I am so scared I will be paying for this next week. Have a safe trip home.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (12-27-2009)