View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I would be overjoyed if this study did as suggested. It just notes that they now have a way of pin pointing the area if dysfunction. Now, the researchers need to find a way of treating that area that is affordable and can get approved by the FDA.

Using MEG to find and treat tumors and intractable epilepsy is one thing. The invasive surgical techniques for treating intractable epilepsy will never get approved for "just annoying" tinnitus. A drug treatment may be worth developing, but at what cost of side-effects.

btw, I have checked my tinnitus to find the frequency. Mine rings at just above C#6 or Dflat6 on a piano. That is somewhere between 1108 Hertz and 1174 Hertz. When it is at its worst, it is about 65 to 70 decibels.

It is easy to find the frequency with a piano. The Db rating is much harder. Trying to find a sound loudness that overcomes the tinnitus is difficult. For some reason, my tinnitus is much louder after I eat. I have yet to compare my tinnitus to my blood glucose. Someday??

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote