View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Desperate & Exhausted

Thank you for your reply, but its been 2 years this January. I can't find the answer. I need a doctor who knows the answer. I've tried everything I felt would help and no one seems to know what to do. We've done the rest and wait. She did 40 treatments of HBO. We tried Bio-feedback - it gave her headaches. She homeschools so the environment is quiet but she still has headaches from concentrating & reading. When her brain gets overloaded she has had 9 non-epileptic seizures - which they are trying to tell me that are happening because she is anxious. She doesn't appear to have any anxiety especially when they happen. She is usually doing something where she is having fun or relaxed. They say it is anxiety that she is not aware of and want her in therapy to convince her that she doesn't know her own feelings. They want her on anti-depressants (low dose) and migraine medication. Although her headaches are not severe but they do stop her from continuing activities like school work or having fun. She needs to be in a quiet dark place. If they get bad they go to the seizures. She only has had 9 in 23 months. I would love a doctor who knows how to treat this with diet, exercise and supplements to support the brain functions. I have not wanted her on anti-depressants because of the side-effects and the fact that they don't usually heal but just add side-effects and maybe work for a short time and they you have to add more or change them. I thought Dr. Amen knew what he was doing but it doesn't sound like it. I'm tired and feeling hopeless to find help for her - I can't keep guessing. I need someone who knows what to do. Please help me. What is a QEEG? She just had an in hospital video-taped EEG which told us that her seizures are non-epileptic. Oh, and they also blame me for them because I'm over protective.
Linda (Mom) in CT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote