View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:28 AM
mhr4

mhr4

Hi Linda,

Wow, it sounds like you have done a lot of digging for your daughter on possible treatments. As they say in the Southern Hemisphere, Good on ya for doing so.

I would encourage you again to look into neurofeedback. Neurofeedback is a sub specialty of biofeedback that directly trains the brain to operate more efficiently. Some people get it confused with biofeedback which trains muscles to relax, and the two are distinct from each other. Scientists really don't know what is happening physiologically when someone does neurofeedback, but with the discovery of neuroplasticity and stem cells, some scientists are speculating that it aids the brain in repairing damaged tissue.

I would specifically suggest finding a therapist who does LENS neurofeedback and/or Z score training. These are the latest and most advanced forms of neurofeedback available. The LENS is currently being investigated as a treatment in VA hospitals for Iraq war veterans who have sustained head injuries, and Z score training has been producing remarkable results thus far for head injuries.

I would also encourage you to get a full blood panel done on her if you haven't done so already. You guys need to ensure none of her hormones are out of whack and that she is getting all of her proper nutrients absorbed in her GI tract. And again, look into progesterone treatment.

One thing to keep in mind while undergoing treatment is that it isn't going to be easy for your daughter. Her brain has now become very dis-regulated and it is going to take a lot to get it back into a regulated state. So, patience with these different therapies is definitely needed.

Hope this helps and my apologies for belaboring neurofeedback.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote