View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Not sure how it works in US but in OZ you can buy a glucose meter in a pharmacy or over the net but we get a script to suit the meter from a doc for the testing strips, the needles can be purchaced over the counter at any pharmacy.
I did try low dose Neurontin at first but it made me feel awfull, so the doc put me on Tramadol SR [slow release] and Endep as well, they worked very well for me, meds are an individual thing, what works for some may not work for others.

The hot/cold sensations is proof that your small fibre nerves are affected as their job is to send messagers of sensation [ hot, cold, pain ] to the brain, if they are damaged they send confused signals which the brain misinterprets.
Well, I got a meter this morning and two hours after 1st bite my reading was 83. For breakfast I had two slices of whole wheat toast (18g's carb total minus fiber) and 1 cup cheerios (23 g's carb minus fiber) in 2 oz skim milk (3 g's carb) and two thin slices of ham 96% fat free no carbs. This is a cheap walgreens meter & I have not tested control solution yet. Should I take this as good or too low? I am going to excercise, eat a small snack then lunch later then test again. Also is it expected that with the SFN my feet still feel normal hot and cold sensations (if I touch something hot & cold)? I know this is a mouthful-just trying hard to understand all of this- I am a purchasing mgr and a baseball/basketball coach so all of these things are greek to me! Thanks again for all help and support!
crewski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote