Thread: Our cruise.....
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Bizi, thank you for sharing... i read this post too... i see there are some bits here that aren't in the other thread...

first i hope you feel better soon. it is not uncommon to have the bathroom dealy you are having... lucky you didn't come down with it sooner really. did you have bottled/branded water the entire time? water is often the culprit. different places have different bacteria in the water that our bodies are not used to and so can multiply to the point of enteric infection. hopefully you will clear up soon but go to the doc if not within a couple of days. regardless what the cause, it is advisable to stay away from dairy / stick with clear fluids for the moment, and not sugary ones. as soon as things resolve it would be good to take probiotics / intestinal flora supplements for 7-10 days.

i really hope you get that painting back. hopefully things will go smoothly. i know just how it is to see a painting and fall in love with it... something else just won't do... you would not have (DID NOT!!!) bid on it, and would not have bought it... if there is any trouble point that out and insist. it is their error but your loss, and they need to fix it. but i am betting they will work with you without fussing... and that once you let them know everything will get sorted out without too much ado.

what you guys ate all sounded wonderful to me... lol...

Dear Donna... fwiw, from what i recall, cruise ships serve food of all different kinds... from very staple foods to international haute cuisine. we used to get all kinds of food (not fish) brought to us from friends who worked on the ships when i grew up. however, they do all sail on water so that part you're kinda stuck with!

of course i only have second-hand knowledge... not as a passenger. i have never been on a cruise... who knows if i ever will...

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-27-2009), DiMarie (12-28-2009), Isis (12-28-2009), Mari (12-27-2009), Pamster (12-27-2009)