View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Debbie,

I don't know if you are in councelling as the others said but boy does it keep me from drowning. When I had this car accident Wednesday, my Dr. called me and talked to me for over half an hour. He gives me the reason's why I shouldn't panic by not having a vehicle and having these injuries I now have from the car accident. I am definatley injured on the right side and neck so when I see him tomorrow he will have to check me out and see what I need to do next. I have had 5 surgeries on the right side and although I hit the window and broke it out on the left side, it hurt my right again. Had I not talked to him, I would have most likely dealt with my PTSD again.

Also, exercise as much as you can, if you just do walking everyday even for a little distance, I do believe it will help. My RSD started over 10 years ago and I can remember walking and crying everyday thinking I was crazy for doing it in such pain but as time went on, I got stronger. I have RSD internally and also have Interstital Cystitis and it was acting up very badly the night before my accident. I had a bad night with it. Here I was thinking I was going to see my Dr. to deal with it and now we have to deal with these other problems tomorrow.

Hopefully you won't have the muscle wasting. I have it in my right hand and so far that's it even though I have the RSD everywhere.

Keep a diary. I kept one for the first years. I filled up one and started another and it helped me to see how I was improving or what was not improving.

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with your RSD now. Hopefully you will be able to get some if not all of it calmed down soon.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote