View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
It nearly happened again while drinking. Husband was outside gardening so I suppose I should be more careful and make sure he is closer when I do eat and drink. There is no ER for 100 miles. Not really an option if things happen. Also would take too much time and money to find a new neuro. Would have to go interstate and wait months for an appt. Maybe the neuro I have will listen if I go back and say I am choking although he would probably say I am imagining it.Maybe I am just tired from Xmas and the stress of his appt and attitude recently.
You're probably not going to like my opinion but I think you should get started on getting an appointment with another neuro. Choking is really, really dangerous and it worries me that your neuro isn't paying attention. If you still don't have enough help in a few months than at least you'll have the other appointment waiting for you. You can always cancel it if you get the help you need. It the meantime call your current neuro every single time you have a choking episode. At least leave messages. It may feel like badgering but that's probably what you're going to have to do to get noticed anyway.

It's scary that you're having these problems and there is no ER near you!

Ally
bluesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote