Thread: been awhile
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ada,
I'm so sorry you are having to go thru this. I wish I could make it better for you. PM me and I'll talk to you, either here or on the phone. I also sometimes think ppl think I'm making this up. It's hard. I just don't hang with the ones that have told me that it heals itself and it gets better, and that I should be better now. That's just me. I have had the pain pump trial and once they found the meds that worked, it worked better then I could have hoped. It took my pain down from a 8-9 to a 2, maybe a 1. I get the perm unit Jan 19th. I've spoken to many many ppl who have this implanted, both for rsd and back problems. They love it,(yes there are some , very very few, who don't have luck with it). Once in you have most of your life back. I have horses and I will be able to ride them again with the pump. I have had 2 scs and they don't work very well for back pain. My rsd started in Left foot and has spread due to the scs surgeries. A lot of drs don't want to put in the pump. I've had to find a dr 3 hrs away in Md. that does it. Why??? One big answer is that with the pump you develope a relationship with your dr. It involves long term care. You know, adjusting meds, refilling the pump, etc. With the scs the dr. puts it in and once the staples are out they are done with you. they get the money and are done with you. Just give it a thought, and if you have to, call around till you find a dr that will talk to you about it, and even give you an inhospital trial to see if it works. If it does, wonderful, if it doesn't at least you know.

Hugs
Mary
PS. the pump trial didn't hurt, even surgically. the scs trial had me in pain, in bed, for 3 days before I could get up and try to walk.