View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Advice on Sinemet Dosing Appreciated.

I was diagnosed with PD two years ago, and have the complication of Chronic Fatgue syndrome superimposed on my PD.

I am trying to keep my Sinemet to a minimum, and my neuro advised initially 3 doses per day of Sinemet plus (100mg L-Dopa) at 6-00am, 2-00pm and 10-00pm. making 300mg per day.
My symptoms are unbearable. Both legs are filled with electric current and pain _ I can hardly stand. My toes are curling on their own and crushing themselves. My chest is in a spasm like a heart attack. And I have nausea. Sinemet makes no difference to this cavalcade. I also suffer from acute vertigo and nausea.

My neuro therefore suggested increasing my Sinemet to 450mg per day, 3 x 150mg L-Dopa at 6-00am, 2-00pm and 10-00pm. This would be achieved by adding 50mg to the 3 doses over 6 weeks.
I am part way through this regime, but the extra 50mg is not making any difference. In fact I am even starting to freeze now. My kind and ever helpful friend Ron Hutton suggested my doses are too far apart, due to the short half life of L-Dopa. However, I desperately want to avoid increasing my daily total dose of L-Dopa. I am not taking an agonist at present.

Ron was diagnosed with PD 19 years ago and although disabled by dyskenisia leads an active life. Ron believes that his planned medication enables him to be active

Has anyone had similar eperience? What advice do you have regarding level of dose, frequency etc? I would be very grateful for help.

Kenki
kenki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote