View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I am not sure how the SFN and food link manifests for each person. I've had PN for 30+ yrs.... and it was only recently that the burning got out of control for me. I've had insulin resistance for many years, and control it with the Zone Diet. Most of my PN prior was PAIN, and not burning. So with time this other issue appeared, and the trigger for me was the potatoes. (I found this by following suggestions in Dr. Jensen-Kittley's book:

Her suggestions to eliminate certain foods, and also use Inositol were very helpful for me specifically. It has been a long road and much effort for my solutions. I use this as an example so you don't expect a quick one, necessarily.
Well, I checked some recent medical records and my gp had already ordered an a1c test on November 13th and my score was 5.7. At the time she told me all was normal- but some things I am reading say this score could be leaning towards pre-D. Is this true and in light of my OGTT score of 180 does all of this add up? My fasting score w/ my meter this a.m. was 84. So it appears my diet excersise routine is working correct? Yesterday after breakfast 83 lunch 104 dinner 94. I had a 60 carb breakfast this a.m.-yesterday was 45 carbs- to see what happens. Thanks for all the help, I think I am starting to understand some of this.
crewski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote