View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default What am I doing wrong with my new webcam?

Okay, I made a video yesterday with the new webcam I bought from Radio Shack. I had previously been using a Logitech (and I made dozens of videos so I DO KNOW HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO, and use a webcam).

Well!!! get a load of this. I uploaded it to youtube because I wanted to share this with family. It's like it recorded in fast forward. At least this is how it comes out on youtube. But when I pressed "record", it was jumpy and not recording smoothly.

Here, take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_sg9HldZeg

this MUST have something to do with the initial settings. My former Logitech webcam, well I didn't have to do ANYTHING. I just installed the cd, and I made videos.

this one from Arc Soft, well it was on sale, reduced from $39.99 down to $14.99 the day after Thanksgiving. So it was a good deal right?

but it's so complicated. If I click on the actual icon on my desktop, there's a blank screen where I should be.

When I click on the other icon which says "Video Impressions", well, there I am, staring back and myself and I said "okay, the colors are crisp and clear, I should be able to make a video". the first time, I used this was last month. When I pressed record, it was choppy and jumpy. So I gave up.

So yesterday, as I was recording Alan, it was choppy and jumpy (this is during the recording process). So it was RECORDING VERY SLOWLY.

When I uploaded to youtube, it took 6 minutes. (Nothing takes 6 months, at least my previous logitch didn't do this)

And see how it ame out. Like I recorded it in fast forward.

So I just went back into the Video Impressions and here is what is up on the screen.

I select "create a new video". A screen pops u and I can see myself. So far, so good.

Underneath ME, there are prompts and options that I can choose. I never changed anything.

Here is what is says:
USB VIDEO DEVICE Frame Size 320x 240 FPS 30.0
I understand the USB part of it, but the fram size and fps, I don't know what this is. Should I change these settings.

Then they have Settings Format Input.

Really, this all is so confusing. When I had my logitech, I just clicked "record" and it went fine, but the video was grainy. Here I have this beautiful crisp clear video but it's like a Vaudeville Routing, all fast and it goes by in a zip.

If you have any idea what I am doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to try and find some tutorial that might have come with the cd.

Thanks everybody

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote