Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
support for arc soft-
http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/custome...asp?id=SUPPORT

they also have lots of free trial downloads or maybe you need to get a patch or updated driver...

From what I see arcsoft only has software.
Does the webcam or packaging say Creative on it?
I think we had a creative webcam that used arcsoft software..

creative cams- you can click the pic for more info -
http://support.creative.com/Products...aspx?catid=218
OKAY!!!! It's not the lemon. I'M THE LEMON. i don't know what I'm doing.

This is a GIGAWARE 1.3 Megapixel Webcam with Mic.

I was going into the wrong icon app. I HAD clicked on WebCam companion 2, which is the one that makes you do capturing and videos. The other thing is EDITING. I don't need that right now. I just want to make videos.

So what did Melody do? melody clicked on the icon Webcam Companion 2. I saw myself staring back at me. I said "aha, this is how I make a video".

I clicked on "record video". The Screen went Blank.

I then saw the word Resoloution and I clicked on that option and boy, there were choices. From 160 X 120 SQVGA, to much higher. I fooled around with various resolutions to finally hit on 320x240 (QVGA)..

it recorded. Some were little boxes on the screen, (and I still have no idea how this will show onyoutube), but I'm getting there.

So I made 3 videos using 3 different resolutions. The minute I went up higher, like to 640, etc, I got all choppy, so my video card doesn't like this setting. I do much better with 320 x 240 QVGA, or 160 x 120 SQVGA (but this presented as a little box on the screen) The better image (they are all crystal clear by the way with perfect sound), well the right one is the 320x240.

Now that I made the video, I want to upload it to youtube. How the heck do I do this. I have the thing up on the screen, I click up top where it says "file", and usually it allows me to save it as SOMETHING , in my My Videos folder, or somewhere on my computer. But when I click on File, my only option is 'Album", or disconnect, or whatever. So if I go to youtube, and I click on the upload option, WHERE DO I FIND THIS VIDEO?

So, once again, the camera is a GIGAWARE Webcam with Mic

Between you and me, I should have stuck with the Logitech. It was grainy, BUT AT LEAST IT WASN'T COMPLICATED.

but I CAN learn, and I WILL learn.

lol Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote