View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 03:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie66 View Post
...the "neurologist" decided to take me off anti-epileptic drugs after 40 years... ...have me 7 tablets of sodium valproate...
There was no follow up appointments... I got off quite lightly I think. After 8 weeks of withdrawals I convulsed so hard that I fractured my spine...

Honestly, "The Powers that Be" MUST HAVE decided that you were an incredibly strong soul. I simply cannot comprehend WHY a Human Being should suffer so...

It's "funny" (not in the ha ha way) how the Drug Companies ALWAYS SAY: NOT TO SUDDENLY STOP ANTI-EPILEPTIC DRUGS AS THIS "MAY" (how about "WILL") CAUSE INCREASED SEIZURES! In reality it is not the drug, or someone's dependence on it (hence withdrawal), that causes the seizure. It is the SEIZURE DISORDER, the EPILIEPSY itself. It is certainly well known among Medical Practitioners that the immediate stopping of Anti-Seizure Medications can cause sudden 'Cardiac Death Syndrome'! Be aware & take care of yourSELVES everyone!

WISHING YOU WELL!!!
MiaVT

No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence.
~T.S. Eliot
MiaVT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote