View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am sorry if I have offended in some way. I am trying my best to work within the system. My appt with my GP is in 3 weeks time ( earliest available) and she can write a special request to Neuro for an early appt that would be late March or April. This is the system here. I am only one person and very weak and cannot fight it. My appt for Neuro is 6 months away. I pay thousands and pay private - but this is the system.

Last night my breathing was bad so I slept the night in a chair. Today I have been weak and feverish but feel that I may be turning the corner tonight.

The local A & E is a "bush' hospital so unless I actually collapse - there is nothing anyone can do here. I am watching for signs of an infection.

I have had this type of problem happen very often for many years. I just assumed it was me.My earliest pneumonia was Xmas Eve when I was 12. It was called a virus. I was given erythromycin and was very ill for 6 weeks.

Perhaps I should just focus on the treatment and forget about Neuros and diagnosis. They did not help my auntie 40 years ago and she lingered 30 years to her death. I anticipate the same for me. MG is not understood and never will be.

I may try for genetic testing though - as this is the future and may help someone else.
xanadu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote