View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I have a TBI from a hydrocephalus shunt placement that went a little awry.
That was 3 years ago, and I thought I was handling it really well until the last few weeks. I've grown really angry about the wheelchair that I now find myself in and have no patience for the people around me.
I've considered cutting myself totally out of my family's lives because they are just more trouble than they are worth. I just want to start everything all over and totally reinvent myself and find a new way of life for the new me.
Did anyone else go through this? Seems that I would have gone through this before now. It has been three years. It's so hard to start over with so few tools to work with. I just know that I need a new start.
welcome

sorry you are going through this, there seems to be no set time for feelings with any injury and that go,s for family and freinds as well, all I can sugest is to seek more and as much rehabilitation as you can get and need , outside your family, my patner go,s to a carers support group that helps her to off load,
I think we go through all the emotions every day with this eg anger sadness giult ,ect with windows of its ok , the trick is to make the ok times longer

easy said huh , but I find getting out and trying to take action for myself helps

best wishes to you and your family
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (12-30-2009)