View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I took lipitor for about 10 months in 03 before I happened to read info about "side effects".
At the same time I was having increased repetitive strain injuries {RSI} - that was why I went to the dr in the first place.
But she did blood work and found my chol @ 245- so of course she put me on a statin.

I don't know which symptoms were caused by the RSI or the Lipitor for sure...
I did have wrist RSIs in 99 and then other work related injuries - neck, shoulder strain - 1 per year also. Which I believe evolved into Thoracic outlet syndrome or something very much like it.

Many of my symptoms began to resolve after I quit the Lipitor, but it was also the same time frame as finding a very good chiropractor & advanced PT guy. So I'm not 100% sure what caused what.

my list of possible lipitor symptoms -
blurry vision - reading & close up vision
tendinitis type sx forearms mostly - could be due to RSI only
dizzy/vertigo spells - could also have been vertebral artery sx
major brain fog - i felt so dumb it was embarrassing

I have familial high chol {300+} and females on both sides of family lived long lives. {no statin meds}
Males relatives on one side were heavy drinkers and did not live long lives.

2 of my brothers are now on a older generic statin and they seem to be doing alright, I did mention some of the sx I had while taking Lipitor to them so they would be aware.
One bro thinks I am nuts for not taking anything for high chol, but I am planning to start on a serious weight loss & fitness goal this year.
So I hope that brings it down a bit.

forgot to add the main reason why I posted here...
TOS & RSI can sometimes include some PN like symptoms - mainly in the upper extremities.

Last edited by Jomar; 12-30-2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: added a bit
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclelops (12-29-2009), glenntaj (12-30-2009), mrsD (12-29-2009)