View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie,

the point I was trying to make (and maybe I sounded too harsh, and sorry about that) is that based on my personal statistics 1/10 neuros (give or take) is capable of truly understanding this illness (at least to some extent) and 2/10 pulmonoloigsts can actually manage a patient with neruomuscular respiratory symtpoms ( I mean not just diagnose, but actually treat, adjust respirators etc.).

this as opposed to 10/10 hemato-oncologists can manage a patient with lymphoma, for instance; etc.

now, its a matter of luck if you are going to "land" on the proper neuro as your first, second, third or tenth ( or possibly even more) and the same applies for your pulmonologist.

and if you stop searching, or think that you can convince your neuro to be different, then you may never find that one.

and by the way getting a recomendation for a neuro from someone who is a classical seropositive, is quite useless, because it will give you no info. of how he treats seronegative patients. and the neruo stasticts are probably somewhat different and much better if you are seropositive.

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
xanadu (12-29-2009)