Old 12-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear Bobby... some thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
I forgot if I wrote that the magnesium and melatonin really appear to be working. I am not longer getting just three hours of sleep. last night i think i got about six hours of interrupted sleep. I wonder if this continues how long it will take for me to catch up on sleep. I also started taking calcium which i should have been doing all along since I am taking metformin.
you mentioned about the sleep, but you hadn't started the calcium yet.

6 hours is decent... i hope it gets you feeling better. i also hope the calcium doesn't interfere with the magnesium (depends on amount and timing). often the intestine tells the tale... i hope this isn't a TMI sort of thing for you... if you get constipated - could be too much calcium, the opposite - too much magnesium. the overall intake (food and supplements) of Ca:Mg should be 2:1, respectively. Since you are taking supplements i would probably have both tested each time you get labs if possible, or every 3 months if your labs are more frequent than that.

Quote:
I wish i were in love with somebody but whenever i was in love with somebody it was always a very poor choice and brought unsurmountable problems and pain
Quote:
this thing about loneliness is a real b@tch-i don't know how to deal with it and i have never known how to deal with it. i keep on telling myself that i am part of God and i am not really alone and have never been alone because of that.
i think what you are telling yourself is certainly positive. i am not sure that it will wipe out the feelings. not being alone does not correspond to not feeling lonely unfortunately. and we as humans long for human company. think about it... in Genesis, woman was created to keep man company. we can abstract the "which sex came first" out if you want, but the bottom line is, two were needed. and also think about how we are as animals. we are "normally" made so that procreation requires a mate. it only follows that the instinct to find/have a mate be there within us. in that light your loneliness seems natural.

possibly take it on a moment to moment basis, and not as a life sentence. i try to do that. but trying to fight it squelch it out with being a part of God ... i don't think will work 100%. certainly feeling close to God can help you to bear such loneliness, but i don't think this can annihilate it. because it is a different type of being alone. it is not even a bipolar thing. it is the human condition.

so what i am saying is this: i think that if instead of mentally trying to "eliminate" or discount the loneliness you feel... you rely on your relationship with the divine to help you bear it, the feelings can be attenuated. Conversely, i think that fighting it head-on, trying to squelch it out, can actually exacerbate this loneliness.

love,

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-29-2009), Mari (12-31-2009)